About Website Contents
Blue Planet Prize Story gives a narrative account of prize winners’ backgrounds, and their efforts to secure the sustainable development and to safely pass our planet down to future generations. *1
Along with the story, this website offers various features such as special interviews*2 with prize winners and a story guide, which can help you deepen your understanding of prize winners’ contribution to the improvement of global environment.
We would be grateful if this could provide you an opportunity to be more aware of, or to start paying attention to global environmental problems.
*1 More information about prize winners will be available soon.
*2 Special interviews with prize winners available only from 2015.
The Asahi Glass Foundation
For More Information Contact Us:
- Editorial Supervision
- Itaru Yasui, Former Vice-Rector, United Nations University / Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo
- Editorial supervisor for 2018 Blue Planet Prize Story
- Kanehiro Kitayama, Professor of Forest Ecology, Kyoto University (Contents of Walker’s story)
- Taikan Oki, Professor, the University of Tokyo / Senior Vice Rector, United Nations University (Contents of Professor Falkenmark’s story)
- Editorial supervisor for 2017 Blue Planet Prize Story
- Seita Emori, Leader of Low-Carbon Research Program, Center for Global Environmental Research, National Institute for Environmental Studies (Contents of Schellnhuber’s story)
- Takayuki Ohgushi, Emeritus Professor, Kyoto University (Contents of Professor Daily’s story)
- Editorial supervisor for 2016 Blue Planet Prize Story
- Ayumi Onuma, Professor, Department of Economics, Keio University (Contents of Mr.Sukhdev's story)
- Yoshihiro Natori, President, Wetlands International Japan (Contents of Professor Borner's story)
- Editorial supervisor for 2015 Blue Planet Prize Story
- Ayumi Onuma, Professor, Department of Economics, Keio University
- Rintaro Yamaguchi, Program-Appointed Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
- Website Production
- Center for Environmental Information Science
Yoko Shimizu, Kenji Aizu, Yoko Kuroda, Kuniaki Takamatsu
- Website Design
- Nakano Decoration Institute.